The Great Baikal Trail was created to develop system of environmental trails around Lake Baikal. The projects are based on work done by volunteers from all over the world; Russia, Australia, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, the Netherlands, United States, Canada, Mongolia, and many more places.
To show the amount of work done in different areas of the lake I used:
- number of volunteers involved,
- man-days (=number of volunteers*number of projects' days).
I encourage you to interact with my visualization and take part in the Baikal's projects.
This data visualization is truly international:
- The data are from The Great Baikal Trail, a Russian interregional community organization.
- I am taking part in Tableau Software contest, which is open to residents of few countries so I am representing Germany :)
- The viz was done with use of American software and Russian Yandex maps :)